Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Elton John and the internet...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    I just see all these new bands like them and they just really come off as posers.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    Yeah, I see what you are saying. I also agree that some of these bands may not be making music 10 years down the road. There are very few that are left now that have been around for 10+ years that I can think of.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    Elton John had a few decent songs early on (ie. Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer, Levon etc.) But, he has never been a fave of mine. As far as new music goes, I haven't bought a CD from by anyone that wasn't an already established artist in a long, long time. Nowdays, artists either want to talk about subjects that are for the most part irrelevant. I prefer to stick to sex, drugs, and rock and roll...and trash that other sh@t that is so prevalent on the radio and on MTV etc.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer to stick to sex, drugs, and rock and roll...and trash that other sh@t that is so prevalent on the radio and on MTV etc. </div></div>

    starts slow clap....my sentiments exactly. I would rather listen to Poison then "Gym-class heros" anyday of the week.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    Any of that goofy emo [email protected] the pseudo-punk trash...and most of the bands that are the second coming (rip-off) of early 80's new wave make my ears bleed. There is still some good music that comes out now and then..but 99% of it is done by bands that have been releasing albums for at least 10-15 years.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #16
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    theys a few, and very few I like, a "new" band that I was turned onto alexisonfire has proved to be a very good band for my taste. But bands like Pearl Jam, Tool, NIN, etc. still produce music, much though has evolved and alienated many older fans.

    I think the White Stripes latest album is amazing.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    I'm glad you mentioned them yankeebaseball...I think they are vastly underrated, but so far they haven't sold out. I really liked there first album. So they are divorced right? I knew he was dating Rene Z. for a while wasn't he?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    elton john is a jackass
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    I thought they were brother and sister.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton John and the internet...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought they were brother and sister. </div></div>

    Nope, that's what they told the press, which believed them and printed it, but they were married at one point and have since divorced.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •